To have a Facebook for your bridal store or brand is great but as we have all discovered, it is a lot of work. I see a lot of bridal stores starting a Facebook page for one or two weeks before giving up due to the amount of work. They are now left with a page with eight or nine posts. It is probably better not to have a Facebook at all than to have one that has only old messages on it. People could think that you are out of business! Your Facebook is a great place to get in contact with new brides. It does need an investment of time and patience. A Facebook page will not give you overnight success, but it can be incredible effective in the long run. To make sure that you keep brides interested in your Facebook page you have to come up with ways to engage brides on Facebook. Here are some points to remember:
- Make sure you keep your posts diverse. If you only post dresses with a name under it people could get bored and not really respond to you anymore.
- Ask questions to your audience. By asking questions you will get interaction. This is the best way to get new ‘likes’. For example, create a post in which you compare three of your fishtail dresses and ask which one they like the best. You can do a post on hairstyles and ask which of these three hairstyles looks best with a specific dress from your store.
- Watch your frequency. If you post something every hour there is a chance you will not have many friends left by the end of the week. It is better to make a quality post once a day or even every other day than to post just for the sake of posting.
- Use images and video. By using images you will get noticed a lot quicker than when you post just text. Humans are visual beings, so make it pretty;)
- Involve your audience with your business. When you are preparing a new collection it is a really cool idea to engage your future customers: “What do you think girls, should we buy lots of red or more pink dresses for next season?” It gives you insight into what future brides are looking for.
Do you want to know more about social media for your bridal store? Join our Facebook so we can keep you posted.